Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Faith and Other Flat Tires by Andrea Palpant Dilley

This book is not what I expected at all. I guess after reading the title and back cover I was expecting real answers to real questions about faith. But to my surprise this book does more to make me ask more questions and dig deeper into my own feelings about faith. It is a memoir of Andrea's life and the doubt and skepticism that she had as she grew older. Each chapter is a challenge in her life and I related to almost all of them in one way or another. Yes we want the answers  but with questioning ourselves we find a true and applicable answer that works for us. I would recommend this book if you are going through a time of doubt and you will understand that many are right there with you but it doesn't mean that you have lost your faith. Here is one quote from the book that I love, "Faith directed me not away from but into my doubt, into those deep spaces of God's dwelling".

I was provided a copy of this book by Zondervan and Handlebar for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment